Best Electric Skateboard Review and Buying Guide 2019
We live in a golden age of vehicle technology right now. You probably know that in the last few years, electrical motors became more powerful and smaller, batteries became accessible and more power dense. These two trends changed the way we perceive things around us.
The same thing goes for electric skateboards. It started as an experiment, and people right away started using it for convenient traveling. Of course, like any other market, it expanded and today you can find hundreds of electric skateboards in various price ranges.
We have conducted a list of ten best electric skateboards that come in different price ranges and with a wide array of features. The idea is to present your thorough analysis on the most popular and most convenient electric skateboards so that you can make a quality purchase.
That is the main reason why we decided to present you best electric skateboard review and buying guide 2019
|#6||ACTON BLINK Lite|
|#7||BLITZART Huracane 38"|
|#9||Atom Electric B.36|
You would like to gift a hoverboard to your kid and looking for reviews? if yes, we recently published a article on best hoverboard for kids to ensure you buy right hoverboard for your kid.
1) Best Electric SkateBoards:- EPIKGO Electric Longboard
The EPIKGO electric skateboard is affordable and powerful longboard that has a mini-cruiser design. If you want to enjoy in convenient skating without too much effort, you should choose this particular one.
- Two ride modes
- Auto-braking and reverse
- The 2100W wheel hub motor
- Maximum speed 25 mph
- 4300 mAh Lithium-ion battery
- Maximum length of a single charge is 10 mile
- You will need 2 hours to recharge the battery
Design and Performance
This particular best electric skateboard includes 35-inches longboard that comes from 7-plies of bamboo. It also contains large polyurethane wheels that will make you’re riding smooth even at uneven surfaces. The design is perfect for short commutes and urban trips.
Due to a shorter length, you will be able to enjoy in tighter turns and more agility.
It includes a 2100W engine that will deliver you the possibility to reach 25 mph and 30% grade hill climbing. It is one of the fastest electric skateboards on the market.
It includes intuitive remote that contains two modes: smart auto-braking and reverse.
It is durable when compared with other electric skateboards on the market, and it includes dual LED lights for additional safety.
- Convenient design
- 35-inches long with high-quality bamboo
- Smooth ride thanks to polyurethane wheels
- You will be able to ride 30% grade hill climbing
- Lithium-ion battery can ride you only up to 10 miles
2) Best Electric SkateBoards:- Boosted 2nd Generation Dual+
If you want to commute across the city without too much hassle, we recommend you to consider Boosted Dual+ 2nd Generation electric skateboard.
It contains a 2000-watt motor, sleek design, and possibility to ride up to 14 miles on different roads. It also has an effective braking system that will ensure your safety.
Finally, you don’t have to worry about carrying it on slopes; because it has 25%, grade hill climbing that will take you on the top of the hill.
- It contains 2000W engine
- Extended battery has 12 miles range per charge
- Maximum speed is 22 mph
- It provides Bluetooth and Remote control
- 25% grade hill climbing capability
- A 6-month warranty
Design and Performance
It has required suspensions so that you can ride through rough terrain and have better control while taking a turn.
It includes Extra Traction Grip that will keep your fit on the board all the time.
Due to 80mm Orangatan Kegel Wheels, you will be able to ride on uneven terrain without losing control. Due to the 2000W brushless motor, you will be able to reach a maximum speed of 22 mph.
You can also control movements through Bluetooth Enabled Wireless Remote that will keep the control in your hands.
- Bluetooth Enabled Wireless Remote for additional control
- 2000W brushless motor
- Durable wheels that can handle uneven terrain
- Flexible construction
- Expensive when compared with other electric skateboards
3) Best Electric SkateBoards:- SWAGTRON Spectra
If you want to choose the most advanced electric skateboard that has technological features, you should select SWAGTRON Spectra electric skateboard.
Apart from possibility to learn from your movements and create more control based on your preferences, you will get an electronic skateboard with excellent performance capabilities.
- Regenerative hub motor
- AI riding system that will track your body movements
- Maximum range is 12.4 miles on a single charge
- Three-speed levels
- Climbing capacity is 15-degrees
- LED headlights
- App control that is compatible with Android and iOS devices
This particular electric skateboard comes from durable and lightweight carbon fiber body that will provide you quiet, smooth and hands-free riding experience.
It doesn’t matter where you are going because you will be able to use it with convenience.
It has a frontal dual motor design that can reach the maximum speed of 15.5 mph up to 12.4 miles in only one charge.
You can quickly climb 15-degree inclines without any additional problem.
The best thing about it is built-in AI system that will assist you in braking and turning so that you can enjoy in a safer ride.
- 3D posture sensing module
- Handy companion app
- Perfect for all skill level riders
- Carbon fiber deck for more natural control
- LED indicators are not that durable
4) Best Electric SkateBoards:- RazorX Cruiser
If you want to choose the best electric skateboard for your kid, we recommend you to consider RazorX Cruiser electric skateboard.
It has a decent amount of power that will allow your children that are nine-years-old and above, to control without too much hassle. It has variable speed control and a remote controller for additional control and maneuverability.
- It includes 125W motor
- Lithium-ion battery
- Maximum speed can reach up to 10 mph
- Up to 40 minutes of use
- 5-ply Maple deck
- Variable speed control
- High-grip urethane wheels for additional stability
The RazorX Cruiser electric skateboard is one of the best solutions for young riders.
It has the immersive power within the price range so that you will get 125W motor and lithium-ion battery.
The maximum speed that it can reach is ten mph, which is decent when compared with other electric skateboards on the market.
You will also get wireless remote that has a wrist strap. Through it, you can control the speed and enjoy in the carve-and-turn feature.
Due to its urethane wheels, you will get enhanced stability as well as the possibility to ride through the uneven surface.
- Supports riders up to 220 pounds
- 125W motor and lithium-ion battery
- Wireless remote for convenient speed control
- Durable wheels that can handle any surface
- Battery can last only 40 minutes
5) Best Electric SkateBoards:- NEJA Self-Balancing Skateboard
You can find various electric skateboards on the market. However, only NEJA Self-Balancing Skateboard has the 600w of power that will provide you safe and enjoyable ride.
It is one of the most potent best electric skateboards on the market. It can reach up to 15 mph of top speed so that you can enjoy commuting to the cafe, work or at the grocery store.
- Long lasting battery
- Can withstand 30-degree incline
- 3-1/2-inches wheels for additional stability
- The maximum range is between 12 to 15 miles on a single charge
- Weight capacity is 265 pounds
- Flashing LED lights
- Learning capabilities
NEJA Self-Balancing Skateboard is one of the best electric vehicles on the market.
It has smart features that will provide you the possibility to balance the machine and to move it backward and forward through microprocessors.
You don’t need remote because everything works on the motion of your body.
It contains 600W dual hub-motor in the front that can power it up to reach 15.5 mph maximum speed.
The single charge of the battery can reach up to 15 miles, which is excellent durability when compared with other electric skateboards.
You can also climb up to 30-degrees incline without losing the efficiency.
- Smart regenerative brake for instant braking force
- Built-in LED lights for additional safety
- You don’t need prior experience
- Emergency brake
- Smart processor
- Too expensive
6) Best Electric SkateBoards:- ACTON BLINK Lite
Even though walking is healthy, there are ways to reduce the effort and hassle of getting somewhere promptly. Action Blink Lite electric skateboard is the something that you have to try.
It works similarly as in movie Back in the Future when we all imagined having a hoverboard.
It comes from Blink workshop, which is one of the oldest and most famous manufacturers in the world of skateboards.
- 26.5-inches board
- 1500W motor
- Maximum range is 6.5 miles on a single charge
- It weighs 10 pounds
- Smartphone app control
- Variable speed control
When it comes to design, you will get best electric skateboard that looks similar to oldest skateboard models.
Even though it has a rechargeable 1500W motor that will provide you perfect power, it still looks retro.
It measures 26.5-inches, which is smaller than a standard electric skateboard, but you will be able to carry it without any additional problem due to its lightweight.
The battery lasts up to 45 minutes at full speed. Therefore, you will be able to travel 6.5 miles on a single charge, which is less than other electric skateboards on this particular list.
- Maximum speed can reach up to 15 mph
- Fast acceleration
- Simple to control
- Convenient and sleek design
- Small battery capacity
7) Best Electric SkateBoards:- BLITZART Huracane 38″
If you want to choose the dominant electric skateboard for your everyday needs, you should choose BLITZART Huracane electric skateboard.
It is the perfect solution for people who have just started riding because it has ergonomic features and convenience of remote controlling. The specifications are amazing which the main reason for its popularity is.
- Maximum speed up to 17 mph
- Maximum range 10 miles on a single charge
- 36V lithium-ion battery pack
- Two layers of the bamboo deck and six layers of maple wood
- High-quality grip tape
- 350W brushless motor
- Wireless remote controller
Design and Performance
The deck also includes high-quality grip tape that will keep your feet in place without the possibility of slippage.
It can easily support maximum weight up to 300 pounds.
It works on 350W brushless hub engine that is both aesthetically pleasing and more reliable than other types.
You will get quieter performance and possibility to reach the max speed up to 17 mph.
It can reach up to 10 miles in one charge, and you will be able to recharge the battery within 2.5 hours.
- Immersive speed up to 17 mph
- Wireless remote that controls deceleration and acceleration
- Two-speed modes
- You will get it pre-assembled
- Hold function so that you can quickly get off the board
- Too expensive
8) Best Electric SkateBoards:- Inboard M1
This is one of the latest manufacturers that created this piece of machinery through a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter. Since then, they have received funds that they needed to create the latest and technologically advanced electric skateboard.
Today, it is one of the most popular and best electric skateboards that you can find on the market. They passed long way from Kickstarter idea to realization, and that is why we are going to present you everything about it.
- Self-contained unit
- It weighs only 12 pounds
- Dual 1600W motor
- 40% more torque than other electric skateboards
- Stiff deck for reliable navigation
The inboard in the name means that you will get motors, wires, and batteries all inside the slim body.
It is one of the most visually appealing electric skateboards that contain high-quality items.
It is entirely lightweight, so you will be able to take it with yourself without any additional problem. It weighs only 12 pounds.
It works on the dual 1600W motor that is inside the wheels.
The technology doesn’t have pulleys, gears, and chains, which is the reason why you will get 40% more torque.
- When you lose the battery, you can use it as regular skateboard
- Excellent stability and feel on maximum speed
- Impressive design and visual appeal
- USB connectivity
- Simple to maintain
- It doesn’t have drive belt which is why braking and acceleration suffer
- It is not convenient for more significant inclines as other electric skateboards
9) Best Electric SkateBoards:- Atom Electric B.36
The Atom Electric B.36 electric skateboard is the excellent solution for heavyweight skateboarders. It is great because it can withstand 250+ pounds without any additional problem.
It weighs 17 pounds, which makes it stable and durable for heavier riders and you will still get the excellent performance that can reach up to 18 mph on standard roads.
- Lightweight materials for additional safety
- 3600W engine output
- It can withstand maximum weight of 250+
- Regenerative braking
- Dual speed mode
Design and Performance
The materials can easily withstand vibrations, vertical stress, and shocks on the road.
Due to aluminum chassis and great shaft density, this particular electric skateboard can withstand weight more than 250 pounds.
It includes 3600W dual motors, and the transmission happens with minimal resistance.
It has excellent acceleration features that will help you reach the maximum sped in the minimum time span.
You will enjoy the acceleration on rough terrain as well as the clear road.
It has regenerative brakes so that you can save battery power and creating braking friction into energy that you can use.
- Perfect for heavyweight skateboard riders
- 3600W dual motors for maximum speed
- Ideal control when it comes to speed, balance, and safety
- Less rate when compared with other electric skateboards
10) Best Electric SakteBoards:- Buffalo F 39″
If you want to choose the electric skateboard that will provide you joyful experience, you should consider Buffalo F electric skateboard. It is a great solution for people who want best electric skateboard that has improved battery life and faster maximum speed than other boards on the market.
- Maximum range is 15 mph depending on riding mode
- Three riding modes
- 4-layers of fiberglass and 4-layers of bamboo material
- Waterproof PU wheels
- 1200W power
- 6-months warranty
Design and Performance
At the same time, these materials are excellent because they are lightweight and durable at the same time. You won’t get stability and hardness deformed because of small weight.
It also has durable and shock-absorbing wheels that will increase the riding experience.
They are smooth and straightforward, and you can even ride them through small water without hurting them.
It works on the 1200W engine so that you can accelerate and brake without any additional problem.
In case that you need the strong climbing ability and extreme speed, you just have to enter double drive mode. A single drive is better if you want to cruise around.
- Durable wheels that can handle any terrain
- Great acceleration due to double drive modes
- You will get 6-month guarantee
- The maximum weight capacity is 260 pounds
- It is not for beginners due to high-performance and acceleration
Best Electric Skateboards Buying Guide
Choosing the right electric skateboard could be a hassle if you don’t know what to look. Numerous factors will improve your riding experience. We decided to present you things and features to consider before you purchase best electric skateboard:
- Waterproof – We all know that rain can be unpredictable, and that is why you should think this particular feature. Imagine that rain catches you unprepared that could damage your skateboard. Therefore, you have to check the design and features so that you can ride it on any weather occasion.
- Warranty – Skateboarding is risky when compared with other ways of transportation. You will always be in rough terrain at high speeds, which is why you should choose the skateboard with durable materials. Therefore, you should check whether it has ESK8 components on the package. At the same time, check the warranty. The better warranty, the less risk you will have while investing in it.
- Battery – It is frustrating to neglect the battery capacity and to lose the juice on the road. If your electric skateboard is massive, you will have a problem in pushing it to home. On the other hand, some boards have belt-driven wheels, so that you can use it as regular skateboard if battery wears off. This is the way better solution.
- Performance – The first and foremost consideration that will tell you about electric skateboard capabilities is the potential to climb on inclines. Therefore, you have to ask yourself a question whether the board can carry your entire body weight up a hill. You have to match the maximum weight capacity, with the performance if you want to enjoy in durable and powerful electric skateboard.
We have presented you thorough buying guide and review on a best electric skateboards in 2019 on the market. You should have in mind that there are many possibilities on the market based on different preferences and features. Therefore, you should think about why you need an electric skateboard, before you purchase it.
When you answer that questions, you will be able to make a quality purchase. Before that, we recommend you to reread the articles, so that you can remember most essential features and performance capabilities of best electric skateboards.
In case that you have a question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and we will answer you on short notice.