Escort Passport 8500X50 Black Radar Detector Review
The Escort Passport 8500 X50 Black Radar Detector is the comprehensive and innovative radar and laser detector from Escort.
Escort has claimed that the X50 black signifies a 40% rise in performance in relation to the Passport 8500, and this is seen by its excellent signal strength, extensive range and accurate range.
It is with this in mind that we give the sophisticated looking Escort Passport 8500X50 Black Radar Detector a solid 4.5 stars, due to its high-quality performance that meets the needs of all drivers.
Heightened Radar And Laser Protection
The X50 black has an impressive all-band protection, with 360 degree laser and radar protection. Firstly, we have Digital Signal Processing (DSP) which is capable of detecting maximum range signals with little to no false alarms.
Secondly, there is the V-Tuned radar receiver that allows for long range warning on each and every police radar, including; instant-on radar, conventional radar, POP mode radar threat, X-band, K band and Ka band.
The Escort Passport 8500X50 Black Radar Detector also has 50% more range than its predecessor.
Lastly, we have laser sensors that provide the utmost laser warning, with excellent off-axis protection. If you would like to enhance your laser protection capability, you can add on the ZR4 laser shifter which is compatible with the X50 black.
Enhanced Sensitivity Levels
The AutoSensitivity mode on the Escort Passport 8500X50 black automatically distinguishes genuine threats from other radar sources, in turn reducing incidences of false alarms.
Additionally, the radar detector will adjust its X band and K band sensitivity in accordance to your surroundings.
The X50 black has 3 sensitivity levels that control the radar detection, which include City, City LoX and City NoX.
When you are driving in the city your X band detection may be switched off, only to be turned on when you reach the highway. Furthermore, we have the Traffic Signal Rejection (TSR) software which eliminates false alerts by dismissing interstate traffic sensors.
In order to tailor your X50 black to meet your driving preferences, you can make use of the advanced EZ-programming feature.
This programming can cater to different X50 black features, including power-on indication, power-on sequence, meter type, brightness levels, AutoMute, audio tones and city mode sensitivity.
Additionally, you can select which radar and laser bands you want detected.
- The lightweight and compact X50 black weighs in at only 1 lb and uses a red and blue display to relay information.
- High resolution meter displays by picking one of three choices. These include a bar graph, ExpertMeter and a SpecDisplay with an extremely bright Matrix. This aforementioned matrix makes use of 280 separate LEDs to relate clear and sharp information (alerts, text and signal strength).
- Adjust the brightness control by choosing one of the following brightness levels; dim, medium and max. Furthermore, you can opt for a completely dark option if you are driving at night and need to be discreet.
- AutoMute feature, which automatically decreases volume levels in the course of a long radar alert- this also reduces annoyance levels!
- SmartCord that plugs into your cars cigarette lighter, a quick reference card, an owner’s manual, a fitted Escort travel case and a quick release windshield mount. The SmartCord also has easy-to-reach volume and power buttons.
Unfortunately, the X50 black has its own drawbacks. The main drawback is the lack of a voice alert which vocally relates an alert when a radar band is detected.
The X50 black instead emits independent tones (audio alert) that correspond to different radar bands when a signal has been detected.
However if you pay attention to the alerts when you are driving, the audio alerts will be sufficient.
After reviewing the Escort Passport 8500X50 black we can honestly say that it offers the optimum protection among best radar detector in its class.
The refined detector, fantastic response time, false alert filter and overall balanced performance, makes the X50 black the premier radar detector in the market.
If you would like to save yourself from receiving speeding tickets, order the Escort Passport 8500 X50 Black Radar Detector today!
Hope our Escort Passport 8500X50 Black Radar Detector Review was helpful in buying a radar detector.